The Regional Liaison Committee (Det regionale samarbeidsorganet) contributes with funding for overseas fellowships for research fellows and others who apply for research funds from Helse Vest.
Postdoctoral fellowship applicants are especially encouraged to apply for an overseas fellowship over the course of their fellowship period. Please see the guidelines for postdoctoral fellowships.
Funding for overseas fellowships is for 6 or 12 months. The following costs can be covered:
- Residence: The rates vary depending if one travels alone or with family. The rates for overseas fellowships are to cover documented start-up and additional expenses for overseas research stays. Taxes will be deducted from any surplus.
- Travel Coverage of travel expenses (cheapest travel option) can be applied for. Any need for flexible solutions must be explained.
Salary during the stay abroad must be covered through a fellowship (e.g. postdoctoral fellowship) or by the employer.
Project description and other attachments
Two attachements must be uploaded with the application:
1. Project description
A general template for project description has been prepared, which is to be used when submitting applications for research funds. The template gives information about which elements to include in the project description. The project description is to be uploaded as an attachment to the application (PDF document).
2. Other required attachments
The attachments must be compiled into one attachment in the order that is outlined below. Upload the attachment as one PDF-document under "other attachments" in the application form:
Necessary for all applications:
1. Applicant's CV and list of publications from the last 5 years
2. Aggrement of support, if necessary (please see the information about Who can apply research funding)
Necessary for owerseas fellowships:
3. An invitation from the foreign research environment.
4. A recommendation from the academic environment the applicant belongs to.